When collecting and using your data, STV complies with all relevant data protection and privacy laws.
What data is collected?
We collect personal data and other information about you when:
- you join STV and open an account, such as your name, email address, postcode and date of birth;
- you subscribe to a newsletter;
- you visit our website, or download any of our Apps, including details of your use of our website and apps (such as the frequency of your visits and time spent viewing our content) and certain technical data such as IP address, operating system and platform;
- you interact with us by contributing comment or other material;
- you enter competitions, prize draws or take part in any voting;
- you correspond with us via phone, email or otherwise.
What do you do with my data?
The main reasons we collect and use data are:
- to provide the Services and information that you have requested;
- where you agreed to receive them, to send you marketing emails about STV’s programmes and services, including details of STV competitions;
- to help optimise your use of the Services and to give you a good user experience;
- to help us monitor, support and improve the performance of our Services (by analysing your use and experience of our Services);
- to help us understand more about you and the products and services you use and are interested in, enabling us to personalise your experience of our Services and our communications to you; and
- to tailor the online advertising you receive so that it is more relevant to you. Advertisers place added value on being able to serve targeted ads (e.g. according to age; demographic and geographical information and your interests). This enables us to sell advertising effectively and to invest more into improving and developing our Services, and our content.
Our legal bases for processing
Privacy and Data Laws only allow processing of personal data on certain grounds.
Where we collect and use your personal data in order to open and manage your account and provide you with the Services, we do so on the basis of performing our contract with you.
Where we use personal data that you have given to us or that has been collected via your use of our Services:
- To analyse the quality and performance of our Services
- To provide you with a personalised experience such as make suggestions as to content you might like; and/or
- To provide you with ads aimed to be more relevant to you
We do so on the basis of pursuing our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our commercial digital media business successfully and efficiently and which does not materially impact on your rights, freedoms or interests.
The only circumstance in which we rely on consent as our basis for processing your personal data relates to when you agree to receive email marketing from STV or from the Scottish Children’s Lottery (operated by STV ELM Limited).
You are in control of your data
You can update your personal details, change your password or close your account at any time by going to Your Profile at stv.tv.
You can unsubscribe at any time to any email marketing communications or newsletters by visiting your Preference Centre in Your Profile. You can also unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link at the foot of any email, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you download one of our mobile apps then we may send you messages, including marketing messages, via push notifications. You can disable these at any time by altering the notification settings on your mobile device or by uninstalling the app.
If you would prefer not to receive ads on STV’s digital services that are targeted to you based on the information we hold about you, you can opt-out of this in your Preference Centre when you log-in to your account. Please note that if you turn off this functionality, you will still see advertising, however it may be less relevant to you.
You have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for legitimate legal reasons.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of another party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to our processing your data on this ground. Note however that there may be some cases in which we may be able to demonstrate that we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
- Withdraw consent at any time to receiving email marketing from us.
- Make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you would like any more information or wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact Us.